Dolphin View Kayak Great Beach Drive Adventure - Noosa day tour
What we will do
Double Island Point is only accessible by 4WD vehicles around low tide, its away from the crowds and into the heart of the Great Sandy National Park where many of the local and migrating wildlife can be experienced.
Large Bottlenose dolphin pods, Humpback whales (June November), Six of the worlds seven marine turtle species can be found here as well as manta rays, sting rays, soldier crabs in their thousands and a variety of local and migrating sea birds.
We guide you on a gentle paddle in Honeymoon Bay and Double Island headland taking in the breath taking views and natural surroundings of the area as well as seeing the Double Island Point Lighthouse from a unique view. Bottlenose dolphin pods are often seen here feeding on large schools of fish and can be as curious as we are and you could be in for an experience of a lifetime!
No kayaking experience is required for this tour, beginner friendly location & suitable for all levels.
This trip is suitable for ages 7 years up and is a must for anyone looking for a lifetime experience with the wild! There is some 400 dolphins living in the area and chances to see dolphins on kayak tour are generally high (90%) with likely chances to also see turtles, whales (June- November), rays, sea birds and soldier crabs in their thousands. If your a wild nature lover this is the tour for you.
Where we will beDeparture:
This tour departs beautiful Noosa, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast and is located 1.5 hours north of Brisbane.Please meet 15 minutes before departure at either of the 2 pick up points detailed below:
NOOSA HEADS: Corner of Noosa Parade & Noosa Drive, Noosa. (please contact 24-48 hours before departure for more detail).
NOOSAVILLE: Gympie Terrace at Giant Pelican statue on foreshore (cant miss it!) in Noosaville. (please contact 24-48 hours before departure for more detail).Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off.
corner noosa parade and noosa drive noosa heads 4567 qld. See map.
About your guide
Guest requirementsWhat to Bring:
Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks.
See our terms and conditions.
- Experience a unique Australian kayak adventure > 4WD vehicle access only.
- Breathtaking remote beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Casual guided paddle around the spectacular headland Double Island Point.
- Lifetime experience > see Australian wildlife in their habitat, in the wild.
- Large pods of dolphins & whales (35,000 pass each way this year on migration).
- Turtles, manta rays, migrating birds, soldier crabs in their thousands are all frequent.
- -Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs > all inclusive.
- Friendly local guides > learn about all the history and wildlife in the area.
- Beginner friendly equipment & location, 100% safety record.
What's included: Beach4X4 transportation, equipment (Open sea kayaks, life jackets, wetshirts/wetsuits),guided kayak & wildlife tour, National Park entry fees, ferry fees, lightsnacks & refreshments, pictures on request.
- DepartNoosa & travel via Noosa North Shore ferry and onto Teewah Beach.
- Experiencethe thrill of beach 4X4 with stunning views & passing thefamous Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs.
- Arrive atan untouched wildlife paradise, Double Island Point.
- Spectacularheadland buzzing with marine life.
- Equipmentset up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casualguided paddle around the headland taking in the unique views & local marinelife.
- See localBottlenose dolphins feeding and playing up close in the area.
- Whales onmigration resting or curiously passing by and putting on a show.
- Six of theworlds seven marine turtle species can be found here.Get aunique view of the Double Island Point Lighthouse from the water.
- Lightsnacks & refreshments provided.
- Return tripalong the spectacular Teewah Beach back to Noosa.