Tongarra 2 Day 2 Night
What we will do
Tongarra offers an onboard social and sailing experience that is hard to match, enabling us to show you the best of The Whitsundays. Tongarra is ideal for singles or groups and is geared towards the young, fun loving, adventurous backpacker (with a sense of humour). Our experienced crew are handpicked for their fun and friendly attitude and happily prepare top-quality meals on the BBQ. Tongarra has a reputation with our guests for being the ultimate fun backpacker experience. So grab your swimwear, ipod and camera and enjoy a few drinks while we show you around the Whitsunday Islands.
- GREAT value for money
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Whitehaven Beach
- Plenty of deck space
- Warm shower
- Freshly prepared meals
- Sleep under the stars
- Stable catamaran (ideal passengers concerned about seasickness)
- Flexible Schedule
- Experienced fun crew
- Snorkel the best locations in the Whitsundays
- Loved within the backpacking community
- BREAKFAST: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes and tea or coffee
- LUNCH: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- DINNER: First Night: Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw
- DINNER: Second Night: Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- SNACKS: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips & dips.
Where we will beTongarra
Leaves Abell Point Marina every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 2.30 pm. We arrive back at Abell Point Marina two days later on Wednesday, Friday and Monday at 12 pm.
38 Shingley Dr, Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia. See map.
About your guide
Our experienced crew are hand-picked for their fun and friendly attitude. Our team has one goal to make sure every single person has the best experience on board our vessels. We want this to be the adventure of a lifetime.
What to bring:
Pack a small soft zipless bag and include:
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, towel and a hat
- Practical clothing and footwear (warmer items during winter)
- Underwater camera
- iPod with your favourite music
- BYO alcohol (no glass or red wine, please)
- A sense of fun and adventure!
See our terms and conditions.
Tongarra Whitsundays tour departs from Abell Point Marina at 2.30pm. Enjoy a beautiful sunset sail out to the Whitsunday Islands and get to know your new friends. A freshly home-cooked meal will be provided while you socialise on the front deck with a few drinks before sleeping under the stars (or in a cabin, if you wish).
Wake up next to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach and enjoy a guided walk to Hill Inlet Lookout. Snorkel on the fringing Great Barrier Reef amongst our beautiful marine and coral life. If you are into water sports, try our customised banana boat with your friends!
Enjoy one last snorkel and a banana boat ride and sail your way back into Airlie Beach across the beautiful Whitsunday passage for a midday return.While we try our best to fulfil our planned itinerary, please understand that tide and weather conditions sometimes result in us visiting alternate locations to ensure a more enjoyable trip for our passengers.
Tongarra Whitsundays menu:
- Breakfast: Fresh breads, selection of honey, peanut butter, Vegemite, jams, fresh fruit platter, muesli or cornflakes, and tea or coffee
- Lunch: Cold meats, cheese, tuna salad, garden salad, fresh bread/rolls/wraps
- Dinner: (First night) Herbed BBQ white fish on a bed of mashed potato served with coleslaw
- Dinner: (Second night) Tasty spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread
- Snacks: Fresh fruit, biscuits, cake selection, chips and dips